Tuesday, January 20, 2009

So This is the Big Day

Yes, so the big day is here. I have finally decided to go ahead and try this blogging thing. Oh, of course there are other important goings on today. It's my father-in-law's 82ND birthday! Okay, okay, there's that other thing too that's creating quite a buzz around the country if not much of the world. In less than an hour Barack Obama will be sworn in as our next president. This is big news even up here in the hills. Naturally, my teenagers are especially excited about this, especially my 19 year old who voted in a national election for the first time. I've tried to get all giddy about this like so many others in these parts - after all, I live in one of the most liberal counties in one of the most liberal states in the country, and this is a state that never, ever elected a Democratic governor until the 1970's mind you- but, being the true independent yankee that I am, I just can't afford to get too bent out of shape about this inauguration. Let's leave the man alone and let him get to work. There's work to do, and it's going to be hard enough without these all-too-ambitious expectations placed on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment